Food, Fun, & Fall Photo Contest
Food & Fun Fall Photo Contest Official Contest Rules
For photo contest entries submitted to the Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center
All entries must be submitted by November 15, 2019
No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win
All photos must have been taken in the Calhoun County and surrounding area of East Central Alabama within the last three years. The photo subject must be relevant to one of the following contest categories:
- FOOD: Calhoun County Restaurant meals (photos must be of food prepared by and served in restaurant – restaurant must still be in business)
- FUN: Calhoun County area outdoor activities (i.e. hiking, biking, trekking, running, kayaking, canoeing, motorcycling, ATVing, Off-Roading, boating)
- FALL: Calhoun County area fall landscapes/vistas (including but not limited to drone photographs)
Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than you. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
Number of Entries
An individual may submit up to three (3) entries per category in the photo contest.
Photo Subject Restrictions
Photos must be appropriate for posting on a public website. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. The Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
The 2019 Calhoun County Area Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center Fall Photography Contest is open to all photographers, except the operational team of the Calhoun County Alabama Chamber of Commerce and their immediate families.
Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center printed materials, social media and/or website without any fee or other form of compensation, and agree that Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center may display winning photos on their printed marketing materials, social media and/or website, and may retain copies of the photograph for archival purposes. Photos may be credited to the photographer named in the entry form. Entries (including non-winning entries) may be selected for display or use in other Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center web pages and promotional materials. Entries will never be used by the Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center in any manner for sale. In the event that ownership of any photograph submitted to the Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center is contested in any manner, Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center retains the discretion to disqualify that photograph and discontinue use of the photograph.
How to Enter
All emails must include the following information:
- Name of photographer
- Phone number and email address for photographer
- Social Media id info (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook handle)
- Designation of category (e.g. FOOD, FUN, FALL). Any photo entered without category designation will be disqualified
- Title for each photograph entry
- Brief (one sentence) description of each photograph entry
- Location of Photo Subject
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality, and effectiveness in conveying the essence of each of the contest categories. The Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center will judge the entries and all contest decisions are final. Entries that fail to comply with the Official Contest Rules will be disqualified.
Judges will select one winning photo in each of the three categories (FOOD, FUN, FALL) to be used in future Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center’s “Visit Calhoun County” promotional marketing. The three (3) winning photographs, along with the photographer's name and information about the photo will be displayed on the Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center’s social media and/or website. Each winner will receive a gift bag from the Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center. Winners will be announced on or before December 31, 2019.
Submitting Digital Images
Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- No borders or frames may be added to images.
- No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to images. All winning images will be displayed with the photographer's name.
- Adding or replacing elements in an image is not permitted.
- Artistic filters are not permitted.
- Images may be cropped and rotated as necessary as long as the rectangular format is maintained and the size is within the specifications above.
- Images may be resized as long as the aspect ratio is maintained
- Red-eye removal and spot editing
- One-step enhancement (such as "AutoFix", "QuickFix", "Auto Levels", etc.)
- Use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle, or remove noise.
- Use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, color balance, and tint.
Additional Terms and Conditions
The Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center, P.O. Box 1087, Anniston, AL 36201, is not responsible for computer system, hardware, software, or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Furthermore, Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center is not responsible for: (i) lost, misdirected, misplaced, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, or late entries or (ii) any act, failure to act, or delay regarding the transmitting or processing of entries. The Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or any portion of this contest without notice if factors beyond Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center control, including technical difficulties, disrupt or corrupt the fair or secure administration or operation of the contest. Void where prohibited. The Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center is entitled to interpret these rules as needed and its decisions are final. Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that the Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center has reason to believe is not the original work of entrant, or does not otherwise meet the contest rules. If a winner is disqualified or determined to be ineligible, an alternate winner will be selected using the same judging process/criteria described above. Alternate winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless the Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center and its employees, officers, affiliates, agents, contest sponsors and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Calhoun County Area Chamber & Visitors Center and its employees, officers, affiliates, agents, contest sponsors and advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind arising in whole or in part from this contest.